Here's what has been inspiring me this week:
- Watched Stardust this weekend. I added it to my Netflix account because it ended up in my recommendations and boy, am I glad! Jason and I loved it. I absolutely love movies that have an imaginative element to them and this was one of them. Here's a clip from the movie:
- Read a great article on Zen Habits blog about creating a peaceful, relaxed work day. I love that he reminded us that WE are in control of our day.
- For my March Handmade Book Club project, I decided I wanted to explore using birds and vintage-looking papers. Jenni Bowlin to the rescue!!! I bought these red papers, these black papers, and these bird rub-ons.
- Speaking of, if you haven't checked out Jenni Bowlin's monthly papercrafting kits, they are awesome. I'm thinking of subscribing.
- For Valentine's Day, Jason and I decided to go low-key and get something small for each other. I got my gift early, because he bought me a stool for my scrapbook table. Trust me, this was needed. Lately I've been inspired by Amy Butler's book Midwest Modern. It's great and her fabrics are amazing. I'm making a cushion for the stool, so I bought this fabric this weekend.
- Check out this awesome website for illustrator Quentin Blake (aka Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, any Ronald Dahl book).
- There's a book by Amy Butler that I'm adding to my wishlist. I'll have to get it next month because I've already spent my February allowance. Isn't that sad? There's just too many great books and scrapbooking stuff out there. A weakness of mine…
- And lastly, check out this journal. Fits my theme, huh?