This year my husband and I will be celebrating our second anniversary. I know that most couples get things such as jewelry, etc. for anniversary gifts, but Jason and I are a little nonconformist. We are definitely an nontraditional couple. Since we are both huge hobby enthusiasts, we get stuff that could support those hobbies.
Case in point: Last year’s Valentine’s Day present was not jewelry. It was not roses. It was not chocolate. It was a wooden stool plus fabric and foam to make a cushion. Boy, does that speak romance! (At least to me! I would rather have something like that than roses anyday!)
For our second anniversary, we decided to give each other money for our respective hobbies. My husband, an avid Magic the Gathering player (a card game involving strategy and a lot of nerdy stuff that if you sat down and talked to a magic player would literally blow your mind away with how in depth this game really is; think yu-gi-o, but way more involved and for grown ups), is using his money to buy cards. I think I’ve literally bored you to death. (Just kidding, hubby. No wait, I’m serious.)
I, on the other hand, love crafts. So I decided instead of purchasing one big product (such as the Zutter Bind-It-All that I got last year) I would get a bunch of smaller items. Plus, I stocked up on stuff such as ink, stamp, and adhesive…items that I could use over and over again.
Since I haven’t posted a Friday Finds in a while, I thought I’d share my latest purchase. The stamps were on sale 30% and the flowers were free after I used a coupon.
*TIP: I highly recommend signing up for the Two Peas and Scrapbook.com newsletters as there are always monthly coupons. Also, if you love Studio Calico and already subscribe to their main kit, you can purchase add-on kits AND any other supplies that they sell, and all items will ship for free with the main kit. Pretty cool.
- Kokuyo Dot ‘n Roller Adhesive Refill Pack
- Prima Daisy Dreams Flower Collection – Apple
- Fired Brick Distress Ink
- American Crafts 3×3 Baby Dots Wood Mounted Stamp
- Ink Blending Tool
- Ink Blending Foam
- Broken China Distress Ink
- Florets Mini Mask
- Heidi Swapp Acrylic Escape Stamp
- BasicGrey Bitsy Gracious Acrylic Stamps
- Hambly Woodgrain Antique White on Lemonline 12×12 Paper
- Heidi Swapp Wings Clear Stamps
- BasicGrey Bitsy Sahara Acrylic Stamps
- BasicGrey Ambrosia 6×6 Paper Pad
- Sassafras Lass Olivia & Pals Clear Stamp Set
- BasicGrey Ambrosia Element Stickers
- Art Warehouse Star Die Cut 12×12 Mistletoe Paper
- Amy Butler Butterflies Die Cut 12×12 Tea Box Paper
- Antique Linen Distress Ink
- Kitschy Digitals DigiKit Woodland Book-Lover’s Printable Kit
- BasicGrey Bittersweet Bitsy Blossom Stamps