This week has been a long week as I've been helping my sister paint her new house. She's a first-time home owner and I'm so excited for her. Also, I'm super excited because…she bought the house next door to me!
Now onto what has inspired me this week.
2. Helping my sister paint her house has got me thinking more and more about the color scheme I want in my studio. I want it feminine, soft, yet still modern. This digital kit from Design House Digital is exactly the color scheme I'm going for: gray, pink, lime, teal, brown.
3. Pretty mailboxes.
4. Parson's mini desk from West Elm. I think this would be nice in my living room – somewhere we could keep the laptop or write a letter. But I would get my hubby to make it instead of spending $249 on it.
5. Lily Pulitzer Home for Garnet Hill is so beautiful. I always have loved the bright colors.
6. Japanese candies – simply because the packaging is so cute. I would never want to eat it!
7. Vintage typewriters.
8. Things sorted by color. Call me OCD but I love it. Nearly everything in my studio is sorted by color. I even sort my clothes in the closet by color.
9. Matryoshka dolls. They remind me of my two mission trips to Russia.
10. This Mary Blair illustration. For those who are unfamiliar with Blair's work, she did a lot with Disney back in the day. Her illustrations were and still are amazing.